DESIGN COMPETITION SHORTLIST ANNOUNCED
Expressions of Interest for Immigration Place were considered by the Jury on 17 December 2014. The Jury selected the following five teams to proceed to the design competition:
- Kate Cullity (team leader – Taylor Cullity Lethlean – landscape architect); Hossein and Angela Valamanesh (artists); Peter Tonkin (Tonkin Zulaikha Greer Architects); Geoff Wallbridge (Wallbridge and Gilbert – civil engineer)
- Jane Irwin (team leader – JILA – landscape architect); Lindy Lee (artist); Peter McGregor (McGregor Westlake Architecture – architect); Andrew Simpson (SDA Structures – structural and civil engineer); Daniel Tobin (Urban Art Projects); Emrah Bakiulas (Steensen Varming – mechanical and electrical engineering)
- Callum Morton (team leader – artist); Charlotte Day (curator); Bob Earl (Oculus – urban designer and landscape architect); Nigel Bertram (NMBW – architect); Nikos Papastergiadis (writer/thinker immigration); Peter Felicetti (structural and civil engineer); Paul House (Ngambri custodian); Andre Bonnici (Monash Art Projects)
- Brigita Ozolins (team leader – artist); Jerry de Gryse (Inpiring Place – landscape architect); Liminal Studio – Elvio Brianese and Peta Heffernan (architects) and Tracey Allen (designer)
- Aileen Sage Architects – Isabelle Toland (team leader) and Amelia Holliday; Emily Simpson Landscape Architecture; Jamie North (artist); Event Engineering – Morgan Sheehy and Jeremy Sparks (structural engineers); Sensory experts Elliott Wheeler and Bree van Reyk (aural), Myffy Rigby (culinary), Ewan McEoin (The Field Institute / The Field Guide – olfactory regional and seasonal produce); Dr Lisa Ford and Dr Ruth Balint (UNSW History, School of Humanities and Languages)
Seventeen expressions of interest were received. The Board of Immigration Place Australia thanks all those who submitted for their consideration of this project. The depth of talent evident in the various teams and the quality of the submissions was greatly appreciated. The Board also thanks Kerry Clare, the Chair of the Jury and all of the Jury members for the time and commitment they have made to the review of the expressions of interest and in the selection of the successful teams. We look forward to the submission of designs in March 2015.